To dilly-dally is divine.



This man could be my mother


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




My mother's really cool and fantastic and all, and my brother and me (I) love her to bits but one of my pet maternal gripes is that she likes to email us motivational advice gleaned from spam email, newspaper career sections or self-help books. It is her gentle way of addressing her children's flaws.

Today's email, which she described as "something of general interest", was on how to be socially adroit. Here is an extract:

As the business environment becomes ever more competitive and, hence, more stress inducing, there is a dire need for every working professional to be socially adroit. This is true not only for leaders and supervisors who lead a team of employees, but for everyone who must deal with people in the course of their work.

To be people-smart requires a sound understanding of various aspects of human nature, such as the way people reason, the difference between personality and character, how people judge one another, and more.


The first rule of social relations is: In your dealings with people, first manage your perceptions, because your preconceived beliefs and expectations will determine what you see in others etc etc


3 Responses to “This man could be my mother”

  1. Blogger dee 

    One pep-talk on its way.

  2. Blogger Manic Mummy 

    I'm socially adroit! Learn from me! haha. Dee, your mother is great. I wish I got such news bulletins from me mom, too.

  3. Blogger dee 

    erk tish! i'll put you on the mailing list. the rest of us can remain socially mediocre :p

    ps: Die Spam die!!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archived babble

Things to see